Dr Matthew McGuigan
Conferences and presentationsTalks:
- Home Office National Top 10 Short Talks Chosen For Security & Policing Conference (2021). I was honoured to have my short talk was chosen by the Home Office as one of only ten to be presented at their 2021 Security & Policing conference. It was a great privilege to be chosen to present alongside speakers including the Home Secretary.
- 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). I delivered a talk alongside my paper on Remote Extraction of Latent Fingerprints (RELF).
- International Optical Society of America Network of Students (IONS), University of Exeter, Exeter (2019). I delivered a talk on Reflectance transformation imaging – using mathematics and off the shelf camera optics to obtain high resolution surface topography.
- Recent Advances in Industrial Digitalisation, Robotics and Automation, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham (2019). I delivered a talk on Non-contact Fingerprint Extraction from Specular Surfaces using Computational Imaging.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Portland, Oregon, US. (2018). I delivered a Poster Presentation on Accurate Surface Normals From Photographs using Computational Imaging.
- Space Exe Space Science and Astronomy Conference 2018, University of Exeter, Exeter. May, 2018.
- Space Exe Space Science and Astronomy Conference 2019, University of Exeter, Exeter. March,2019.
Contributed in Study Groups with Industry:
- 141st Mathematical European Study Group with Industry (ESGI), University College Dublin, Dublin. June, 2018.
- Hardening techniques for image classifiers. 145th Mathematical European Study Group with Industry (ESGI), University of Cambridge, Cambridge. April, 2019.